History of association
The Slow Food association since 1999, through the work of our still young president, Jean-Pierre Rous, Maitre Sommelier of France, when he was still chef sommelier at the restaurant Le Louis XV – Alain Ducasse’s three Michelin stars at the ‘Hôtel de Paris.
Alain Ducasse, longtime friend of Carlo Petrini, President of Slow Food International, by mutual agreement, he decided to promote the path of this fascinating movement on important topics such as the defense of the values essential to the fight against malnutrition and with all that ensues.
The statute and the articles of incorporation of the association have been filed with the Préfecture des Alpes Maritimes under the name “Slow Food South East”, indicating a territory that extends until the end of the Luberon Massif (PACA Region).
Alain Ducasse has quickly joined this wonderful initiative, with its determination to always promote the quality, that was well demonstrated in preferring the culture and identity of the Mediterranean and its wonderful products.
A team of friends and professionists will be forming around Jean-Pierre Rous:
• Jean Pallanca, president of Sommeliers of Monaco
• Henri Baudet, a restaurateur in Menton
• Jean-Pierre Pestre, chef at the Vista Palace Hotel in Roquebrune Cap Martin
• Iorio Gennaro, cellar master at the Hôtel de Parisgiovane Neapolitan knowledge of Italy and its products
• Guy Gedda, the Guru of Provencal cuisine
• Marsou Viano, a personality in Roquebrune Cap Martin, Brasserie Les Allobroges
The headquarters of the association was in Roquebrune Cap Martin, at 1, rue du Val Fleuri, Résidence Le Val
And the adventure was already playing. Founded April 2, 1999.
• Propose a philosophy of pleasure through authenticity, beauty and taste
• Introduction to Education of taste
• Preservation of tradition and customs of the era of the second millennium
• Inform and promote products, scents and flavors of Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur, so that they can better appreciate.
We will be happy to tell you more passionate about this story and the first steps of the association aggiornandovi on the contacts, meetings and Workshops taste.